The Community Outreach Program provides services to families with children living with low income in 32 neighbourhoods and communities of interest throughout Waterloo Region (for information on a site near you, visit the Community Outreach Program Map). It's a partnership between the Region of Waterloo and 14 community-based organizations.
Family Outreach Workers, employed through the program, work to assist families and children to access the services they need in their own communities such as:
- Employment/Education - information and fundings resources
- Recreation - activities, fees, subsidies
- Food - when you run short
- Clothing - for your family
- Shelter - resources and information
- Child Care and Children's Needs - information and equipment
- Counselling - for family or individuals
- Transportation - resources and information
Three ways to contact us:
1. In the neighbourhood
You may already know the neighbourhood or Community centre near you. Just call or visit and ask about the Community Outreach Program.
2. Community Agency
If you are currently working with a local agency, ask them for more information about the Community Outreach Program.
3. By telephone
To find out how to connect with a Family Outreach Worker nearest you, call
Check out the Community Outreach Program Brochure for more information on locations near you or visit the Community Outreach Program Map.
The Community Outreach Program Brochure is available in nine languages:
The Community Outreach Program works in partnership with these 14 community-based agencies to deliver this service.
Cambridge Family Early Years Centre
Our Place Family Early Years Centre